Canadian Urban Limited offers an exciting working environment with exceptional benefits and potential for advancement. Please visit this area periodically to see a list of current job opportunities available.
Mid to Senior Property Manager
DEPARTMENT: National Property Management Unit
DATE ISSUED: Wednesday, July 13, 2016
REPORTS TO: Head of Property Management
Our Company is an institutional real estate investment manager. The Company wishes to expand its business activity in a manner, which capitalizes upon the Company’s excellent track record, skills and market presence.
Resident in Edmonton, the Property Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of a diversified portfolio of industrial, strip retail, office, mixed use and residential units in Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario.
The Property Management position must maximize the long-term financial performance of this Canadian portfolio through effective management of the following areas:
1) Edmonton Unit Leader; management and supervision of administrative staff, site supervisor(s), building technicians, and field maintenance staff;
2) Supervision of third party Property Manager(s);
1) Review financial performance, assess variances, and strategize to improve results if required;
2) Review status of receivables and direct collection activity as required;
3) Review and approve payables for portfolio;
4) Review supplier lists and obtain quotes or proposals for all major work. Ensure competitive bids are obtained and full advantage is taken of volume discounts that may be available;
5) Working with Asset Management, develop strategy and building direction;
6) Review occupancy status of each property and review leasing status with the Leasing Manager;
7) Negotiating leases within budget projections;
8) Preparation of annual business plans for individual properties. Working with accounting, maintenance and site personnel, complete full property review including anticipated capital costs, general maintenance requirements, lease review, tendering of contract work for upcoming year, etc.;
1) Overall supervision of all building operations and maintenance;
2) Responsible for collection of all receivables and control of expenditures;
3) Travel as required;
4) Property visits and inspections;
5) Responsible for insurance claims, tax assessment appeals, awareness of municipality, environmental and health codes and ensuring properties meet such codes;
6) Perform due diligence functions on properties being acquired. Includes co-ordination of third party engineers and contractors, reviewing reports of third parties and provide highlights and recommendations included in reports to senior executives. Lease review. Financial report review;
7) Construction coordination and supervision as well as initialisation and approval of routine capital upgrades and tenant improvements;
8) Coordinating and handling architects, engineers and other professionals;
9) Ordering, authorizing or recommending monthly operating expenses;
10) Handling day-to-day operations of properties including supervision of building staff, job assignments, contract administration and inspection;
11) Ensure all vacant spaces are “ready-to-rent” in cooperation with the Leasing Manager;
12) Review status of receivables and direct collection activity as required;
13) Review and approve payables for portfolio;
14) Coordination of Quarterly Reports, which includes financial and operational reporting;
15) Coordinate Dividend distributions;
16) Physically inspect each property in the portfolio.
1) Maintain tenant relationships;
2) Contractor liaison including day-to-day work, as well as tenders;
3) Initiate tenant legal proceedings when necessary;
A minimum of 10 years of combined real estate and/or property management experience.
1) Completion of, or enrolment in, a recognized property management certificate program such as RPA or CPM;
2) Advanced knowledge of Excel;
A Real Estate Agent or Associate Broker License is mandatory.
- As described in the Corporate Governance/Personnel Handbook and Benefits Booklet, as amended from time to time.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to the following email address: email@example.com by Tuesday, January 31, 2017.